Winter has said hello. Many of us think that we need an immunity boost as the changeable weather brings new germs and viruses. Especially as we tend to push the season with our clothing selections. What can you do to boost your immunity this winter? Why don’t you give immunity-boosting through supplementation a try?
Immunity-Boosting Through Supplementation
At Zock Family Chiropractic, we often suggest patients supplement with Nutritional Frontiers and DoTerra products. Nutritional Frontiers has come up with an immunity-boosting through supplementation solution. The solution includes the following:
- Vitamin D3– A dietary supplement to promote the body’s absorption of calcium and phosphorous. Research suggests that it may support immune system modulation and function by supporting healthy cell growth.
- Immuno Max– is an advanced nutritional supplement that combines two patented products, N, N-Dimethylglycine (DMG) and ImmuneEnhancer™ AG. It is designed specifically for anyone with a weakened immune system.
- Doterra On Guard– As one of doTERRA’s most popular oils, doTERRA On Guard is a powerful proprietary blend that supports healthy immune function* and contains cleansing properties.
Immunity-Boosting Through Supplementation: On Guard® In-Depth
On Guard® is one of the most popular oils doTERRA has to offer. On Guard® is a powerful, protective blend that supports healthy immune function and contains cleansing properties. It provides a natural and effective alternative for immune support when ingested. On Guard® protects against both environmental and seasonal threats with a blend of essential oils known for their positive effect on the immune system.
But what are the secret ingredients of the blend? Glad you asked.
Wild Orange Peel
High in antioxidants and can give users a burst of energy. Wild orange is thought to uplift the mind and emotions, which translates into physical energy or even an elevated mood.
An essential oil powerhouse that has antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties. This oil is often used for treating a variety of health issues including skin issues, toothache, indigestion cough, asthma, headache, stress, and even blood impurities.
Cinnamon Leaf and Bark
Cinnamon is another knockout essential oil that is used for a number of benefits. For instance, it helps to decrease inflammation and increase circulation. It also fights viruses and free radicals, helps relieve depression, stimulates the immune system, and helps to fight parasites.
A very well known oil in the world of health, the properties are wide-ranging including being an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, and antibacterial, not to mention it’s other medicinal uses.
Rosemary Leaf and Flower
Another oil with wide-ranging benefits, rosemary essential oil can help detoxify the liver. Not to mention aid in gallbladder function and lower cortisol. As an added bonus, rosemary even helps stimulate hair growth!
Benefits of On Guard® Essential Oil
As a united team, these all-star oils have a number of primary benefits including:
- Support healthy immune and respiratory function
- Protect against environmental threats (aka effluents, emissions, wastes, resource depletion, etc)
- Support the body’s natural antioxidant defenses
- Promote healthy circulation
- Promote energy through an uplifting aroma
Chiropractic Care and Boosting Your Immune System
Most people are aware of the benefits of chiropractic care for back and neck care. However, there are many other advantages of adding it to your wellness routine. Our immune system is the body’s line of defense to fight viral and bacterial infections. The immune system relies on many factors in order to maintain optimal health including nutrition, exercise, posture, being well-rested, and having a healthy spine.
Our nervous system is aligned with our spine (chiropractic pun intended). And it works with the immune system to help us adapt to reactive conditions and heal appropriately when required. Stressful neural dysfunctions stem from misalignment and can lead to a weak immune response. For this reason, chiropractic adjustments have shown to boost the immune system.
Let Zock Chiropractic Help Boost Your Immune System!
A single adjustment could help to start boosting your immune system. And could help you cope better with stress. Not to mention you’ll feel better too! Chiropractic care may be a great addition to your wellness routine. Just like proper nutrition and regular exercise can keep your muscles strong and mind sharp, regular adjustments can keep your immune system heightened. Contact us to schedule an introductory session and get your immune system in tip-top shape!
* This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please contact a medical professional for advice.