What is Arthritis?
First of all, did you know that arthritis is one of America’s most common diseases? It is also one of the most misunderstood diseases. Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints. This inflammation can cause pain. It can also cause discomfort and stiffness throughout joints and the body. Common symptoms of arthritis and joint inflammation include swelling, joint pain, and stiffness and decreased range of motion. These symptoms typically worsen with age. However, there is evidence to support that chiropractic care for arthritis can ease this pain and discomfort!
But A Little More Background First
In actuality, “arthritis” is not a singular disease. There are over 100 different types and severities of the disease. This actually makes it the leading cause of disability in America. As it affects more than 50 million people. Yet, there are two main types of arthritis that can benefit from routine chiropractic care. The first is osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disorder that affects flexible joint cartilage. The second is rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder in the joints.
In both cases, self-care and non-invasive, non-addictive treatment, should serve as your first line of defense to manage and relieve pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Chiropractic care for arthritis can be a great way to manage and relieve pain. Routine chiropractic care for arthritis provides patients with a safe alternative. Chiropractic care is a non-invasive and non-addictive alternative. As a result, patients can avoid prescription opioids or over-the-counter pain medications (OTCs). These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients to help them manage their pain.
Chiropractors deliver a gentle, non-invasive, non-addictive therapy. It is known as a chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractic adjustments reduce joint restrictions or misalignments in the spine and other joints in the body. This is done in an effort to reduce inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments also improve the function of both the affected joint and nervous system. The result is an increase in joint mobility. Adjustments also improve your nervous system function and spinal health. Therefore, your body has the ability to better manage symptoms caused by osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Below are some of the benefits of chiropractic care for arthritis:
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved range of motion
- Improved flexibility
- Increased activity and lifestyle
Furthermore, at Zock Family Chiropractic, we often suggest patients supplement with Nutritional Frontiers products. Nutritional Frontiers has come up with a supplement solution to help arthritis. The solution includes the following:
- X-Flame: This unique formula contains patented ingredients aimed to provide a number of benefits. These benefits include reduced pain and swelling and increased mobility. Furthermore, it even modulates immune function.
- Green Lipped Mussel: This supplement provides key building blocks to support the structural integrity of joints, ligaments, and tendons. It is rich in amino acids, branched-chain amino acids, and Omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids.
- Frontier CBD Cream: CBD is derived from agricultural hemp, a renewable plant resource. CBD stands for “cannabidiol” and refers to a portion of the hemp plant that does not contain the psychoactive substance THC normally associated with recreational marijuana use. In other words, CBD does not produce euphoria or get you “high.” For more information on CBD, click here!
Let Zock Family Chiropractic Help!
As chiropractic care for arthritis becomes more and more popular, why not try this preventive measure out for yourself? Chiropractic care is focused on allowing our spine and nerves to work to their potential. This results in not only allowing our organs to function. But for them to function to their best ability. Furthermore, along with helping with optimal functioning of our organs, realigning of the spine may also help with increasing our immune system effectiveness and our hormone functions. Contact us today to schedule an introductory chiropractic session. We can discuss your pains and needs as part of my initial chiropractic workup for you as a new patient to our practice!
* This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please contact a medical professional for advice.